Powerboat P1 is the fastest growing marine motorsport series in the world and has a long term commitment to growing and developing the sport of powerboating at all levels.
This web site uses “temporary cookies” so that the site remembers what other items are in your “shopping basket”. In this situation a cookie is a small data file containing a single number (and no personal information) this cookie is never re-used. When you close your browser (Internet Explorer/Firefox/Safari etc), the cookie is destroyed.
After the success of the previous years, where thousands of supporters turned up to watch P1’s powerboat and jetski racers duke it out, the championship returns to Cardiff for the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea, on 28-29 August.
Just a mile from the vibrant city centre, the old docklands have been re-developed to create Cardiff Bay, which boasts a variety of bar, restaurants and attractions to take advantage of whilst watching the P1 Panthers and AquaXers battle it out for precious points.
When all the excitement on the water has finished, there are still plenty of stunning attractions for visitors to take advantage of. Cardiff is the best location for a mixture of arts, entertainment and shopping. Our top tip is to visit Cardiff Castle, positioned at the heart of capital, with a history that stretches over 2000 years.
With popular family entertainment, bright parades, open-air theatre, world-class sporting events and much more happening this summer, check out the Cardiff Festival to find out more about what Cardiff has to offer this summer.
Cardiff really does have something for everybody, so come and join us for an experience to remember!
After a hugely successful inaugural event in 2014, we are very excited to see the mix of SuperStock powerboat racing and AquaX jet ski action returning to the Welsh capital to wow the crowds at the 2015 P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea. Cardiff Bay provides an outstanding racing venue and it is from The Barrage that you can get closest to the action.
VIP Hospitality on The Barrage not only provides access to the VIP Marquee but also to the P1 Race Centre, as well as the Wet & Dry Pits where you can see the teams & racers preparing for racing and being ‘slipped’ into and out of the water.
Please make your way to the P1 Hospitality Suite on The Barrage for registration & pass collection
Tea & Coffee served with a selection of breakfast pastries
We will preview the day’s events, talk about the sea conditions and introduce you to the P1 SuperStock powerboat & P1 AquaX jet ski race series.
Join us for a short journey to Mermaid Quay to visit the Race Pits where you will see all the craft getting ready to launch and drivers making final preparations
Served in the VIP Marquee. Please ensure you let us know of any dietary requirements.
Smoked Salmon w Welsh Feather Asparagus
A Lemon & Black Pepper Mayonnaise w homemade breads
Option 1: Breast of Roast Chicken served with a Creamy Leek Sauce, Roast Potatoes & a Panache of Vegetables
Option 2: Mediterranean Vegetable Wellington
* Please note timings are subject to racing conditions on the day
Cardiff Bay Barrage, Cardiff Bay, CF10 4LY
- Take Junction 33 off M4 motorway following signposts for Cardiff Bay on A4232.
- Travel for about 8 miles and exit at the junction sign posted Penarth on the A4055 (the Cogan Spur)
- On the A4055 exit at the next roundabout (at the top of the hill) turning left onto the A4160 and heading toward Penarth.
- Turn left after 100m at the roundabout, sign posted Penarth Marina.
- At the roundabout take second left and head towards Penarth Marina. Tesco's is on your right.
- At next roundabout go straight on and continue for half a mile over speed bumps, turning left at the roundabout and into The Barrage car park. You will see - The Barrage Control building a short walk away across the lock bridges.
Postal Codes & Parking Facilities
- The postal code for The Barrage car park is CF64 1TT, it is then a short walk to VIP Hospitality. Please see map overleaf
- Taxi’s are available on these numbers: (Bay Cars –029 2035 0350, Cardiff Cabs –029 2090 9090).
- It is advisable to get dropped off near to The Doctor Who Experience and make the short 15 minute walk towards The Barrage
- Casual dress is acceptable throughout the weekend. We recommend bringing warm clothing and a waterproof jacket as it can get quite windy on The Barrage.
- There are no dedicated medical facilities for guests. Please let staff know if there is anything we should be aware of. Please ensure you convey dietary requirements at the time of booking.
For enquiries and bookings please contact the Powerboat P1 Hospitality Team: Hospitality@PowerboatP1.com
Powerboat P1 Management Ltd, Queen Anne Mansions, 86/87 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 9RL, United Kingdom
Etsy mixtape wayfarers, ethical wes anderson tofu before they sold.
Trust fund seitan letterpress, keytar raw denim keffiyeh etsy art party.